Friday, January 27, 2006

Thoughts on a rumor...

There has been some blog discussion on the rumor that Jennifer Love Hewitt is considering posing for Playboy. Both Galley Slaves and Outside the Beltway have talked about this, along with What Would Tyler Durden Do (the last one being somewhat tasteless, in my opinion).

I'm going to preface this by saying I'm not entirely objective about Ms. Hewitt. One of her songs, "Avenue of the Stars", was a source of inspiration and encouragement as I have pursued a dream. Some people complain about songs being stuck in their heads - well, "Avenue of the Stars" is stuck in a place a little lower than that, but with the first three letters being the same.

In a very real sense, I owe her a huge debt - a debt of honor, you could say. All I will say is that it is one that I do have some idea of how to repay in large part, which is a lot more than I can say for another debt of honor I owe a person whom I consider not just a literary influence, but also a friend (it is something I am somewhat ashamed of).

Personally, I hope she doesn't take the offer from Playboy. She's a wonderful singer and actress, with a current show that has done very well (first or second in its timeslot each week). From what I have heard, she's also a decent person. That said, the decision about Playboy is her decision to make - and I will back whatever decision she makes 100%. I owe her that much at the very least.

I hope Ms. Hewitt has a successful run with Ghost Whisperer, and that all of her future endeavors go well for her.

No comments: