Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Six years later . . .

Six years ago, I was in a meeting about two miles from the Pentagon.

It wasn't going well. My client was in a screaming match with a person from a different Navy command.

Suddenly, one of my co-workers came in and dumped the news on us.

What came next is a bit of a blur. I remember seeing the smoke from the Pentagon, a dull sense of panic when I couldn't get a cell phone signal, and rounding up email addresses from other meeting attendees to notify their commanders, employers, and loved ones that they were OK.

What I can't remember is what the screaming match was about.

This post is dedicated to those who put themselves in harm's way for others' sake, and especially to the memory of those who died going up the stairs.

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. -- John 15:13

No comments: