Monday, April 07, 2008

To explain any loud screams around the Washington Post newsroom...

Going back to my earlier post on the possible change at Miller Park, I have mentioned that I would like to be a fly on the wall of George Will's office when he finds out about their consideration of artificial turf.

Here's why:
From his April 3, 2005 column (see page 2):
This season, for the first time since the Astrodome opened in 1965, every National League game will be played on real grass.
Mr. Will seems to have spoken too soon.

I have already sent the Brewers an e-mail expressing my support for the considered change.

I strongly support the installation of artificial turf in Miller Park, not only for the better appearance,but also because I believe it would be a superb fit for the skill sets of a number of the players on the Brewers (Rickie Weeks, Corey Hart, Tony Gwynn Jr. Bill Hall, Ryan Braun, and Mike Cameron), giving the team a bit more of an edge in Miller Park.

Call it getting the Brewers a bit more home-field advantage.

No comments: